Greetings in the name of our Lord!!! It has been a while that I have not published an update here in our website. It is because I am having a real problem with my website host whose services has been very unsatisfactory. And for this, I am forced to suspend all the posting of our write ups.
Furthermore, some of our posted items was also lost last December when this site was been down for two weeks. And now, this site has been suffering for about 60-70% downtime. Just lately, my site has been down for two weeks… imagine, 2 WEEKS. It is very unreasonable for a webhosting company to commit this awful service. But the fact is, my host did. And the funny thing is, my host is claiming that they are the number one hosting site in the Philippines. If I will be grading them for their service and customer support, considering a rate of 1-10, 10 being the highest, I will give them 2 for the following reasons:
1. Very poor customer support. If you email them, some of your emails will be replied after 2-3 days if it is about tech support. But if your inquiry is all about “How much will it cost you to have them as your host”, I guarantee you that it will be replied as soon as possible.
2. There is almost no tech support. Most of the time in my personal experience, if you ask for tech support, they will give you a headache of instructions on how to solve your site problems, and at the end will offer you that they can do the work for you for a “COST”.
3. They claim to have a 99.9% uptime, for my experience I personally, it really means downtime not uptime.
4. They don’t give a notice when your site will be down for upgrade or maintenance.
5. As for my experience, my site has been down for a week, and they don’t even mind checking their maintenance if it affected their clients for two weeks time.
These two weeks down time already happened to me twice. Plus my site is down for 48 hours every other 2 days. Do you think it is reasonable for me to continue paying them?
My host explained that this is due to their frequent maintenance and upgrades. But for me it won’t be helpful and it is as good as I already have lost my online office. If your site is down almost all the time, then better not to have a site at all, right?
So please hang on in there, and wait until April. I am planning to change my host and hopefully these downtime problems will be solved. I am just finishing my contract with them. For the mean time, please refer to my other sites: www.lighthouseresource.blogspot.com and www.forjesus.multiply.com for my updates. I will be in touch again, once the problem has been solved. Thank your very much dear readers. I love you all!!!
Please help pray that transferring to other hosting companies will not be that bloody for me. Hehehe… I am already excited to serve you better this April.:) Praying for you all.