Samar belongs to Visayan Islands, located North-East of Leyte and Biliran islands. This island is very rich in natural resources and is a potential island for economic growth. However, due to old kind of thinking, political corruption, and unwillingness to take a step, Samar remains to be one of the poorest islands in the Philippines despite the fact that it is one of the biggest islands in Visayas.
The main dialect is called “Waray”. The name “Samar” came from the word “samad’ which means wound. By the name itself we can already have a picture of why it has remained to be the least of the provinces in the Philippines.
The mission areas that we will be covering are the remote communities of the two towns, Oras and Dolores. We need to ride small boats to reach these communities because there is no concrete road, only river. The mission trip will be on October 21-25, 2013.
- Do the bi-annual round up prayer walk in Oras and Dolores areas covering 15 baranggays.
- Visit our pastors living in that secluded place.
- Have a meeting with the local missionary on how we can help them and how we can expand further the ministry.
- Bring some gifts if such is available.
Some pictures from the past mission trips:
Would you like to be a part of this trip?
Giving something for:
- Fare for boats
- Gift for our pastors and workers in Samar
- Old clothes for our brothers and sisters
- and anything you think that can help and be a blessing
All these are highly appreciated. You can send your gifts below: